Painter Job Description
Why join our team?
Some reasons we think you may like us:
- We pay for EVERY hour worked and work overtime and 1.5 X for overtime.
- Regular hours Monday to Friday, with possible weekend work.
- You are paid by hour electronically so no need to hunt down your cheque.
- Colour Scheme Professionals Inc. may be the right fit for you!
Colour Scheme Professionals Inc. may be the right fit for you!
Our current painters like working with Colour Scheme because:
- We attract great customers who are happy to see you each day.
- We welcome working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- We ensure that all job-related paint and supplies are delivered directly to each job.
- Our office team respect the painters and value the expertise.
- We provide company trailers at every job. You don't need to haul around your ladders.
- We use digital time sheets, an app for communication & all job-related paperwork at your fingertips.
- It's a team effort & we like it that way!
In this role with Colour Scheme, you will be:
- Fostering relationships to ensure happy customers in the re-painting industry.
- Ensuring that each step throughout the project is completed from beginning to end.
- Communicating directly with lead painter about role, duties, and concerns
- Cleaning spray equipment
- Cleaning trailer
- Carrying ladders and paint
- Masking surfaces for painting
- Performs interior and exterior painting and decorating as assigned.
- Prepares all surfaces for painting by using any of the following methods: paint removers, scrapers, wire brushes, sanders, pressure washers
- Fills holes, crevices and cracks and seals joints with putty, caulking and other filler.
- Prepares and mixes paints and finishes as required.
- Applies paints, stains, varnishes and finishes, etc. using brushes, rollers, spray equipment and applicators.
- Removes interior wall coverings such as wallpaper, fabrics, etc.
What you can expect when working with us:
- Colour Scheme pays EI, CPP, Vacation pay at every pay period with your wage.
- We believe in continual education including communication and organizational coaching.
- Colour Scheme has regular staff BBQs through the warmer months and a get together prior the Holiday Season.
- Recognition and gift on birthdays and work anniversaries.
- 2 years of residential painting experience (Required)
- Have a valid driver’s license and your own vehicle (Required)
- Provide a copy of a clean driving abstract (Required)
- Enjoy working on exterior projects (Required)
- Have no issue working on 3-storey homes (Required)
- Lift up to 50 pounds (Required)
- Clean cut
- Detail Oriented and Efficient
- If you would like to join the Colour Scheme team, please call 204-452-3633. We look forward to speaking to you!
Salary: $18-$23.00 per hour
Kitchen Cabinet Transformation
So, what if you are happy with your cabinet layout, but would love to add a couple pieces to make it just right? Our clients in west Winnipeg had that scenario. Their kitchen was built in the 80’s and had the original oak faced cabinets in […]
The Classic Oak Kitchen - Kitchen Cabinet Spraying
Ron and Donna have a beautiful home which was built approximately 30 years ago. Their kitchen cabinets, solid oak, and grand in the 90’s, are not as chic as they once were. This is a very common story. They have a beautiful oak kitchen, custom built by […]
Your Guide to Interior Painting: Expert Insights from Colour Scheme Professional Painters
Are you considering giving your Winnipeg home a fresh new look with a fresh coat of paint? Interior painting can breathe life into your living space, express your personality, and even add value to your property. Before diving into your interior painting project, it's essential to […]
Elevate Your Home with a Professional Paint Job: A Comprehensive Guide with Video Tutorial
A fresh coat of paint has the incredible power to rejuvenate your living space, making it feel brand new. However, embarking on a successful painting project requires thorough preparation. To start, you must decide on the color and finish you desire. Next, gather the essential equipment, […]